@ella_kane i think it’s like writing a book: the joy only comes after it’s over.
@ella_kane sorry to hear. Did Uni ever bring anyone joy?
@stringlytyped a couple of thoughts:
1. Try a different network cable (I know it worked before, but I have chased ghost problems before that turned out to be a bad cable)
2. Make sure you install the nic/mobo vendor’s drivers
3. Make sure nothing else has the same IP. This has caused me major headaches like you are having.
4. Delete the network interface from device manager, reboot and let it detect/install again
5. Check event logs in Windows and on the USG for any signs of negotiation issues
Hey all, just thought I'd share - Python programming bundle available from No Starch Press, check it out. For $8 I got ten books. I'm going to use Python to decode ciphers! I'm a fan of No Starch and it seems like a good deal #infosec #python
Compromised rubygems account results in rest-client code injection.
Gizmodo owners told journalists they couldn't use encrypted email any more...
So here's a /fun/ problem I'm having: after reinstalling Windows, the ethernet adapter on this PC doesn't work (well, it sort of does, but its so slow nothing ever loads). And not just the PCI card; I connected a USB adapter and it has the same issue!
Wi-Fi is totally fine (except that it disconnects from the network every once in a while—haven't tried to troubleshoot that yet)
us pol, journalism
It's a weird time to work in media.
@nbering indeed. It would be terrible for that to happen to anyone, but she is a really nice person and her dogs are her kids.
@sillystring well, they know how to find you...
IPv6 deployment and challenges at SK Telecom https://blog.apnic.net/2019/06/03/ipv6-deployment-and-challenges-at-sk-telecom/