Apparently next week’s patch Tuesday is going to be a big one, fixing multiple RCEs. Get some sleep this weekend.
@jerry Ugh...the Never Ending Story...
@jerry The five laws of IT:
1. There is no such thing as a secure Microsoft product.
2. Linux isn't bulletproof, but with SELinux it's close. OpenBSD is even closer.
3. Fast Java code is like a unicorn: people talk about it but nobody has every actually seen it.
4. Every time an idiot proof system is devised evolution comes along and produces a more efficient idiot.
5. Those who know least know it the loudest.
@profoundlynerdy true enough, but there is a difference between intuitively knowing Windows is insecure and there being a WannaCry style worm on the loose. I don’t know anything about the particular RCEs, so I may be overreacting
A Mastodon instance for info/cyber security-minded people.