WriteFreely lets you self-host a single federated blog or a community of blogs. It's written in Go / #golang, it's lightweight, and runs everywhere -- even on a Raspberry Pi! (We tried 😁)
We just launched v0.1 this weekend, and v0.2 is already coming out early this week. You can try a full demo here: https://pencil.writefree.ly
Get started with hosting or find a permanent instance here: https://writefreely.org
I want to make my online activity less chaotic, so I've done a couple of things:
- Deleted my Twitter account. It wasn't serving me much purpose, it was just a lot of noise
- Cleaned up my follow list here on Mastodon. I was following 300+ people, and my home timeline was degrading into noise as well. I'm now following 77 people.
I want my life to feel simple and calm, and by extension I need my online life to feel that way as well.
Some SSDs have had their full-disk encryption password be 32 NULL bytes, no matter your input 🤦♂️ https://www.ru.nl/publish/pages/909282/draft-paper.pdf (PDF) #encryption #fail https://t.co/1XCQWplJv7
1. Go to `about:config` and convince it that you know what you're doing.
2. Search for `media.autoplay.default`.
3. Double-click `0` and enter `1` if you want to always block, or `2` if you want to be prompted for every site that tries to autoplay (which can help with some sites that don't work quite right with blocked autoplay.)
4. Enjoy your significantly-more-pleasant browsing experience!
Those travelling to New Zealand are required to hand over their #phone (Presumably #unlocked) for customs to undertake a file by file search. Failure to comply would result in a fine up to $5,000. Definitely an invasion of #privacy.
Welcome Pony. Have fun here on Mastodon.
The new humble bundle looks tempting.
Question to the pros: Is there a gem hidden?
Apparently all payments using Venmo, including the real name, are public by default for everyone! https://venmo.com/api/v5/public?limit=100
Internet never forgets. Privacy. Crypto. Freedom.
A Mastodon instance for info/cyber security-minded people.