I am shocked at how things are going with EliteSec:
- Finalized my first SOW today
- Was invited to do training at a conference
- Got a lead on a fairly large MSP in the area who's looking for help.
- Have another group looking to subcontract me for security work
- Getting a (temporary?) promotion at my main workplace, which will make things REALLY interesting
- Start teaching again in just over a week.
How's your 2020 been so far?
This is a hard time of year for many of us.
US Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
More lines for regions, parents, teens, LGBTQA, veterans, Native Americans, etc: http://suicidehotlines.com/national.html
Share however you see fit.
2020 is just around the corner and during this holiday season there are a lot of folks right here on the fediverse that are struggling to keep up with day-to-day things.
If someone is making something you like (toots, artwork, music, whatever) and if you have the means please consider heading to someone's profile and see if they have a Patreon or a Liberapay account listed. Even something small every month can help.
Help a Fedi out.
Pro tip: DON'T PUT SURVEILLANCE DEVICES IN YOUR FUCKING BEDROOM.
Seriously though, blaming the user is a new low, even for a bottom-feeder like Ring
"Ring, an Amazon-owned home security company, is pointing to users as the security flaw in these incidents."
@tinker 's got a thread going,
"__A Christmas Break-In__
A physical penetration test live tweeted."