I have a gew favorites, so this is going to be multiple posts.
- No Agenda - News deconstruction and analysis with a humorous take on most topics. The show is recorded live, and will spoil you for other shows with the fantastic audio quality. There's a lot of inside jokes that have developed over the years on the show, but there is a glossary where a lot of terms are covered: https://noagendaglossary.com/
- Moe Factz - Adam and Moe discuss nuanced topics and often find themselves exploring differences in their upbringing and how it colors their perception. If you enjoy long form audio shows, you're going to really like this one. It's not strictly necessary, but I recommend listening to this one from the first episode because most of the shows cover evergreen topics that aren't tied to current events.
- Dan Carlin's Hardcore History (and by extension, HHL: Addendum) - Fantastically crafted narratives of history where Dan explores angles that you don't hear about in conventional history books. It's not on the free feed anymore, but I always recommend starting with his series on WWI, because you'll know 20min into Blueprint for Armageddon I if you like his style.
- Dan Carlin's Common Sense - Dan's take on current events. Much like Hardcore History, he tends to take a unique angle on most topics.
- Security Now - My way of keeping up on current InfoSec news, and there are occasionally shows that take a fun deep dive into various topics. Steve Gibson is so effective at breaking down details that I listened to the audio-only show on the Enigma Machine and was able to clearly understand how the machine works.
@Ent hey, thanks for taking the time in replying. I appreciate your efforts, I’ll add them to my list and dip into them and check them out. Security Now is something I listened too a long time ago, I’ve plenty of Infosec related podcasts already so looking for things outside that genre.
No problem. With Moe Factz, a few good episodes to start with for evergreen topics are these episodes:
9. One Drop
10. Black and Blue
12. White Guilt (12 is especially interesting, covers a ton of history I wasn't aware of before listening)
13. Deconstructing Kanye
A Mastodon instance for info/cyber security-minded people.